2nd Annual Wilshire Center Earth Day / Car Free Day
Wednesday, April 22, 2009. 11 AM – 2 PM
NO street closures. Wilshire Boulevard and all adjacent streets will remain open.
Location: 3700 Wilshire Boulevard on the grass lawn in front of the Wilshire Park Place building between Oxford and Serrano. (Across from Denny’s. The building has the Radio Korea logo.)
- FREE Electronic Waste Recycling: Bring your old TV, computer, monitors and other electronics to be recycled for FREE!
- Musical performances by Suzanne Teng & Mystic Journey, Naked Rhythm, Ballet Folklorico de El Salvador ASOSAL (El Salvadorian dance troupe), Korean Fan Dancing, Drumming, and a face painting artist, among others.
- Farmers Market featuring organic and locally grown produce. Kettle Corn. Filiberto’s Peanuts.
- Booths: Inconvenient Bag. Ubuntu Jewelry. California Green Designs.
- 200 free fruit trees from the Mayor’s Million Trees Initiative and the Korean Youth and Community Center. (All out before noon.)
- Face painting and storytelling for the kids.
This year’s event is sponsored in part by the CRA (Community Redevelopment Agency).
WordPress Services: Community Voyage