Salt & Straw January Flavors Celebrate Elvis, Citrus Season
Salt & Straw, the small-batch ice cream purveyor known for its artisanal, chef-driven approach to an American classic, will start scooping flavors from its “New Year’s Indulgences” series starting Thursday, December 31st. The five-flavor lineup masterminded by Head Ice Cream Maker Tyler Malek not only celebrates the new year and seasonal winter citrus, but Elvis Presley’s birthday (January 8th) via a decadent offering featuring homemade bacon-peanut butter Oreos swirled into a malted banana pudding ice cream. For more information, please visit saltandstraw.com/flavors/#la.
· Happy Birthday Elvis – A decadent twist on Elvis Presley’s well-known favorite treat with chunks of homemade bacon-peanut butter Oreos swirled into a malted banana pudding ice cream. (Note : the King’s official birthday is January 8th; an impersonator will be at the Larchmont shop that night from 8-9pm to celebrate!)
· Sparking Mimosa Sherbet – A grown-up twist on the classic half vanilla, half orange ice cream combination featuring Southern California Sparkling Brut ice cream and fresh-squeezed orange sherbet.
· Meyer Lemon Meringue Pie – Smooth, vanilla wafer-infused ice cream with ribbons of meringue cream and lemon curd. An unbeatable balance of mouth-watering sweet with the lip-puckering tart of Southern California’s most seasonal fruits.
· Roasted Pistachio Spumoni – Roasted pistachio ice cream (made from ground, candy-roasted nuts from the Santa Barbara Pistachio Company) freckled with chocolate and dotted with Italian Amerena cherries.
· Candied Clementine & Vanilla Beans – Rich vanilla ice cream laced with bright, juicy sliced clementines that have been slow-cooked and slow-soaked in homemade sugar syrup.
Thursday, December 31th, 2015 – Thursday, January 28th, 2016
Salt & Straw 240 N. Larchmont Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90004, (323) 466-0485